More Information About Me

Simeon Peebler started out in the early 1980s programming his Commodore 64 and making his own games and music when he should have been doing "more appropriate" things. Flash forward to the present day; after years in game development and technology, he works as a game designer and programmer and has been working the last few years in teaching game design and game development at a leading digital arts college in Chicago Tribeca Flashpoint Academy In 2011, Simeon created Brain Bump, a trivia game for the Amazon Kindle. He also has been working on composing original music and songwriting (go to his songwriting site and hear his latest album).

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Catching 2016!

On the technology front, I've recently been venturing into VR territory and trying to spend time getting up to speed on the latest in development technologies across the business application spectrum. So much has changed in just a few short years, and while I have spent time building front-end user facing interactive content for a embedded gaming systems, it's always important to keep the professional chops in motion. This keeping up to date includes working with Unity, Oculus Rift, and signing up for the development of Microsoft's Hololens.

On the music front, of course I have been working on my third album for release in 2016. Yes, it has taken me four years to get another album produced, but it's not for lack of devoting time to music adventures -- I've performed a hundred or more shows since my last release and I continue to write new material regularly. It keeps me happy and reduces stress. All forms of creative endeavor do that and I wish more people would go down these avenues. It requires a certain amount of fearlessness and willingness to learn new things even at an "advanced age".

Safe travels friends, stay tuned for more technology efforts coming out of the Peebler laboratory. And while you're at it, be sure to stop by my music site, http://www.simeonpeebler.com

No comments: