More Information About Me

Simeon Peebler started out in the early 1980s programming his Commodore 64 and making his own games and music when he should have been doing "more appropriate" things. Flash forward to the present day; after years in game development and technology, he works as a game designer and programmer and has been working the last few years in teaching game design and game development at a leading digital arts college in Chicago Tribeca Flashpoint Academy In 2011, Simeon created Brain Bump, a trivia game for the Amazon Kindle. He also has been working on composing original music and songwriting (go to his songwriting site and hear his latest album).

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Album coming on 11/1/11!

On November 1, 2011 I will be releasing my first album online titled "Follow the River Bend". The musical style is folk-inpsired acoustic music.

I'm still working on it, but it is the culmination of a year of work, of songwriting, of playing instruments, and learning. Lots of learning and listening went into each and every second of this album (which clocks in at just over 30 minutes -- ten songs total), and I am thrilled to add this album release to the diverse list of things I've tackled over the past few years.

This past weekend I took a break from the album work to do some "extra" songwriting, and I was inspired by the Occupy Wall Street movement in many ways, so I wrote a song about it. Here are the words:


"I Will Not Leave"

Hey friend, come down and stay a while
Hey friend, come down and play a while

When they say go, we'll say no
When they tell us to leave, we'll stand and scream
I will not leave
You will listen to me

Hey friends, come to see
All the things that are bothering me
Hey friends, want to know
Why I'm here to take control

When they say go, we'll say no
When they tell us to leave, we'll stand and scream
I will not leave
You will listen to me

We've all paid our dues
And we handed the power to you
Company man...it's time
It's time we get it back

When they say go, we'll say no
When they tell us to leave, we'll stand and scream
I will not leave
You will listen to me

I will not leave
You will listen to me


You can hear a rough version of this song at http://simeonpeebler.bandcamp.com

As soon as the album goes live, I'll update this blog with links and more information.

Take care,
Simeon Peebler

No comments: